Last month I listed ten moments from the early X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST screenplay that didn’t make it into the film. Some of these moments were produced, like Anna Paquin’s Rogue sequence, while others were removed entirely from the shooting script before filming began.
Below are ten additional things you didn’t get to see in the final product.
1. Storm flies the X-Jet while Xavier uses his on-board mobile version of Cerebro to search for Kitty and Bobby.
2. When the future X-Men arrive to greet Kitty and Bobby, they encounter a new group of mutants which includes Blink (pictured above). Magneto uses his powers to threaten this group with nearby metal weapons, which leads to Blink holding her weapon to Magneto’s throat.
3. Bishop is the only one to really question the effects of changing the past. He expresses concern of their current history being negatively impacted, saying that some of them may not even exist in the altered timeline. Bishop warns Logan that he’ll carry the burden of retaining his memories when he wakes up in the new timeline. Logan easily shrugs it off.
4. When Mystique is helping the mutant army recruits escape the base in Saigon, Havok is hit with a taser and captured by Trask and Stryker’s people. Later in his own sequence, Havok is seen running from a Sentinel during a weapons test. Mystique later finds out that he died via an autopsy report.
5. While imprisoned under The Pentagon, a thick bearded Erik taunts a guard who ate some fish earlier. He tells the guard that he senses trace amounts of iron from the meal and makes his stomach rumble uncontrollably.
6. Charles, Beast and Logan recruit an 18 year old Juggernaut to break Erik out of prison. Diving from the X-jet, Juggernaut plows through the multiple ground levels. Logan jumps in directly after him and breaks all of his bones on impact.
7. Raven goes to the X-mansion to confront Charles, Beast and Logan about why Magneto is trying to kill her. In a later scene reminiscing a “First Class” moment, Hank tells Raven that she can take his serum to get rid of her mutation. She disagrees and tells Hank that maybe they could be together if he would accept their mutation.
8. Mutants around the world are being rounded up after the Mystique, Magneto and Beast are caught on camera.
9. Rogue goes airborne when Magneto grabs hold of her and levitates them out of the X-mansion.
10. Raven chooses a different path and decides to join Charles and Hank. Magneto says the government will eventually find them and attack. Charles reiterates a slightly modified line from the original trilogy, saying: “I feel a great swell of pity for the poor soul who comes to that house looking for trouble.”